These raw brownies have seriously changed my life! I am a complete chocaholic and this recipe allows me to whip up a healthy, delicious brownie in less than 10 minutes. Which means that there is zero reason to resort to grabbing a mass-produced, cocoa powder, refined sugar, E-number packed chocolate bar off the supermarket shelf. As if you needed any more perks, these brownies are actually good for you!!!
Raw cacao is the unprocessed form of chocolate, full of antioxidants, and contains happy hormones that also act as a natural aphrodisiac; dates are packed with dietary fibre; pecans contain healthy omega-3 fatty acids and are a source of plant-based protein in this recipe; and maple syrup is simply a natural sweetener that is a much better alternative to refined white sugar. These brownies melt in your mouth and have a wonderful chewy, goo-ey consistency. I like to gobble them up with a big portion of my Banana Nice-Cream to make myself feel like I’m eating the most luxurious, decadent, naughty dessert, when really I am just feasting on delicious goodness. I have fallen in love with these brownies because they are so quick & easy to make, and don’t require any cooking. They are also great to make for friends & family; no one I have ever made them for can believe the ingredients list and they provide the perfect example to show people how amazing healthy food can taste.
- 15 medjool dates
- 100g chopped pecans (optional)
- 3 tbsp raw cacao
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Banana Nicecream (optional) (to serve)
- Pit the dates.
- Place the pecans in a food processer and blend until broken & fine.
- Add the dates, cacao & maple syrup and blend.
- Spread the mixture on to a flat surface (plate or tray).
- Place the brownie in the freezer for 1 hour to set.
- Once set, cut into squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month.