It’s that wonderful time of year when everyone’s being super boring, whether they be doing ‘dry Jan’, adhering to the latest diet fad or have become rampant gym bunnies.
Needless to say, I have shamelessly not committed myself to doing any of these things and am enjoying my Jan to its fullest.
But that’s not to say that I don’t love a delicious healthy meal, which is exactly what this recipe delivers. The point I’m making is that no matter what path you’ve chosen to start your New Year on, this dish is one for you.
Super easy to make, tasty as hell and full of body nourishing ingredients; this is a serious ‘Get the Glow’ plate of food.
- 2-3 courgettes
- 400g salmon fillets
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado
- 1 green chili (seeds optional) (personal taste)
- Salt & pepper
- ¼ of a pomegranate (to serve)
- Handful of pumpkin seeds (to serve)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the salmon fillets skin-side down on a roasting tray and sprinkle liberally with salt.
- Place the salmon in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Using a spiralizer, make courgetti.
- Remove the flesh and stones from the mango & avocado.
- Add the mango & avocado to a food processer and blend until fine.
- Finely chop the green chili, keeping or discarding the seeds depending on how hot you like it.
- Add the chopped chili, salt & pepper to the food processer to your personal taste.
- Gently toss the sauce through the courgetti, careful not to break the courgetti.
- After 20 mins, remove the salmon from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Flake the salmon and divide between the two portions.
- Serve with pomegranate & pumpkin seeds sprinkled over the dish.