Smoothie bowls are a bit of a recent revelation for me and I must admit that they are fast becoming one of my most looked forward to meals. I always have and still do really enjoy smoothies but, to be perfectly honest, I sometimes feel that they lack something when having them as a breakfast option, as I like to chew during meals and find that I slurp smoothies up in a matter of seconds! Enter the smoothie bowl.
The smoothie bowl has transformed my drink into a true meal, full of texture and crunch, which leaves me feeling totally satisfied. They are great because they enable you to take your time to sit down and enjoy eating, rather than mindlessly gulp down all of their nutrient dense goodness. You can top them with virtually anything and they will still taste amazing, so get creative! I currently really love topping mine with my Banana & Honey Nut Granola and various crushed nuts & seeds, but any fruit, nut butters, granola, honey, maple syrup, bee pollen… (the list is endless) does the trick just as nicely!
- 1 banana
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup spinach (optional)
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp acai powder (optional) (I use Organic Burst)
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Crushed almonds
- Cacao nibs
- Put a bowl in the freezer.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processer and blend.
- (Add almond milk or ice if the smoothie is too thick until the consistency is right to your personal taste).
- Pour the smoothie into your cold bowl and serve with toppings of your choice.